28.5.11

Brake a Leg! Little Ballerina!

Gilli Celtic_Black Swan~

Hi icon ArcheoButerflies

ey you all!  I hope everyone is doing well and keeping the crafts tools bu-sy! Where does your inspiration comes from? Did you ever really stop to think about that? Yesterday as I was talking to a lovely close friend I realized one of the reasons why I love blues and green blues…memories family, fun and blessings. My grampa & grandma’s home was painted that color. I know it can sound a bit weird but believe me…the color fit  like a glove where it is : ).

Gilli Celtic_Black Swan F

The brand new challenge over Color me creative classroom Copic Challenge  is  “Feathers”. The theme made me touch base with another little piece of my memories where my inspiration come from : ). I was thinking to color a bird…since I am nuts about animals. But one night while I looking where to find the right image I came up with an idea. How about an inspired ballet card? I am sure there are a lot of little young ballerinas around us : ). Of course the Swan Lake came to my mind as fast as the word ballet popped LOL.  I hold a very dear space in my heart to ballet. I still remember the first time I saw one live…I remember when I got my point shoes. I still hold to it. I love ballet and I wish I had a class nearby. While I am training (in a fun way…as a way to move) I am in the zone…in peace.  There is nothing like the feel of focusing on movements while listening to amazing music. One of my happy places. I really need to start again somehow Smile. ..and I love it. I miss my teachers, one of them my best friend in college…yeap I was a ballet student as a young adult and I did the beginners class with little girls…it was so cool!!

Gilli Celtic_Black Swan_CusFor this project I am using Gilli Celtic. Thanks to my copic markers and copic multiliners I was able to try to develop a feathery look for Gilli celtic in a  “Black Swan” costume. Clearly I need to practice…but I am okay with the current look. I used lots of my shades of Cs to create depth and volume necessary for the skirt. I wanted a tulle feel with feathers on the top. I am seriously thinking to try a few more Gilli Celtic_Black Swan_SCutimes since it was quite fun to prepare this one. The same markers and multiliners were used to the bodice of the dress.  The head piece also was created using C markers to create the necessary volume of the feathers. The tiara was also created by free handing the swirls in the already existing image. Tip here for the look..I used the brush copic mutiliner. It is an amazing tool since you can, depending on how you hold your pen, go from thick to fine line (you can see on the ballet shoes – a little boo boo over there I might add LOL)…for more added texture I used a variety of # of multiliners (trying to keep proportion).I need to add that to help with the texture feel of the feathers I added Stikles over the costume.

Gilli Celtic_Black Swan_makeUpJust ‘case I was having a ball and I wanted to add extra fun I color another Gilli with her stage make up on….Gosh those are some eyelashes LOL Dontcha think? lol…but I was trying to achieve the very deep look from Black Swan Make up..so mysterious. I left this tiara without stickles  so you could see clearly the pens strokes. One of the reasons why I think cardmaking is so much fun…preparing a card so personalized for  your dear one. You can literally transform your images using copics…and Gilli images are created for you to be able to do that….kick up a notch and make extra special!  Now I had over to you! “Brake a leg!” Pull up your Copic markers and join us over CMC Copic challenge!!! The participants are lovely and they are always sharing tips! Suzanne is in the neighborhood to give a great advice about your copics. I should also add that you can win a sweet prize! I mean sweet!!! If you enter in 2 challenges you are eligible for the big monthly prize. The very talented ladies of the DT are bringing amazing creations to spark your ideas. So drop by! See you there at CMC Copic Challenge!

♥♥ CMC on the road (Color me Creative Class) will be soon at SC and NC hurry and get a seat…it is a day of fun learning how to make the best of your copic markers with Suzanne Dean and a bunch of lovely people that “get it” what is all about! I always say Suzanne’s classes are one heck of a good life experience and the best investment I made after I got my first copic!

This & That

Gilli Stamp : : Gilli Celtic; Copic markers; Copic multiliner; Cryogen paper; Memento Ink; Distress Ink; K & Co and  DCWV papers; Cardstock; Liquid pearl; Rhinestones; Prima flowers, Dry flower; Silhouette Library cuts; Stickles and Gloss accents.

Challenges

Pile it on!

Creative Card Crew 

Truly Scrumptious

Reasonable Ribbon

Scrap Creations

My time to craft

Two sisters

Crafting for all seasons

Joyful Stamper

Paper Play

Divas by design

Fairy Fun Fridays

Sew many challenges

C.R.A.F.T

Ippity

Pollycraft

Stamps & Fun Creativity

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17 comments:

Karen said...

WOW ANARY!!! This is fabulous!!! : )

Vivi Casale said...

WOW, absolutely STUNNING!!!!
xxx

Arts by Sara said...

Absolutely Beautiful Anary! I love your stamps! Your coloring is wonderful! (I became a follower, I hope you will become one of mine also!) Thank You for joining us at Get Hippity With Ippity! Have a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

Nadell said...

Fantastic! I love is. Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs Nadell

Beverly Montez said...

this is just TOO TOO cute!! What an adorable image, and the way you have embellished and colored her is awesome. You go girl! thanks for joining us a Fairy Fun Friday this week!
XO
Beverly

alethea said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the image and all the elements you have added!! Simply gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the PCJ anything goes challenge!! Hugs xx

Jani said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Deanette said...

Very, very cute! Thanks for joining us at SMC!

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic!! Great job, she is just perfect.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Stunning! I love both before and after the lashes! :)

Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!

Hugs,
True :D

patriziawithaz said...

This is super gorgeous and with the fab die cuts, it is perfect for our challenge this week at MTTCC. Thanks for sharing x

Kristen said...

Super cute....Fabulous card. Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Saw that movie, LOVED it! almost as much as your card! Beautiful, my favorite from Diva's by Design so far! Good Luck!
HUGS
Tammy Louise

Unknown said...

Brilliant colouring, I thought it was real feathers at first! Thanks for joining us at Divas

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow this is truly amazing and there are so many awesome things going on with it! Wonderful job! Just had to follow you!


Thanks for joining us at PFD for the "More Than One Fold" challenge and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Ruby said...

This is beautiful AnaRy, in fact I think she's my favourite card of yours so far. I loved learning more about your ballet too, so lovely!

miatagal said...

Beautiful ballerina, Anary! What a fantastic job you have done coloring her. Love the feathery tutu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...