2.5.11

OOORAH! THANK YOU ALL ARMED FORCES & AGENCIES & ALIES!

Gilli GI_My Hero~

Hi icon ArcheoButerflies

oho!! I have two words to say to the troops, and all the others we don’t know who they are, their families….THANK YOU!

I had another card schedule for today, but I had to change..I had to put out there my thank you for your service from the bottom of my heart and the tip of my pencil!

Gilli GI_My Hero

I had this project ready as a celebration for the mom’s out there that serve for this country (mom’s from all other countries that serves as well!)…all branches and agencies. That is how Gilli G.I came about…some people sing, write…I draw…and that is how Gilli GI was born. This is my tribute to you. You know who you are! All I know is that you are brave and you are strong! You carry the flag of freedom for all in your soul! I had my card ready for later this week…but after the news came about last night. I could not sleep until I had make sure my thank you for your service was here for you! Men and woman in uniform…thank you thank you!!!!!

Gilli GI_My Hero_CU

We all know there are still work to do…more family gatherings you will miss. But we will be here honoring you. Thanking you for keeping us safe from evil and protecting our freedom. We will continue to pray for you and for yours. May G-d bless you…

For all the families that lost a loved one in this course. We honor your loved one. We will never forget.

Seems to me today  is a good moment to spread the word that there are a lot of agencies that care for our troops. They try to comfort and bring a little of home to soldiers wherever they might be. One of the agencies try to help soldiers keeping in touch with their loved ones…and help them participate in all special moments in their families life sending a special card. OPERATION WRITE HOME.

Operation Write home

from OWH website:

Our Mission:

Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

This merry band of thousands of cardmakers is made up of Americans - and citizens of other nations too - who care about our military, and want to support them through creativity and encouragement. Crafters of all ages and levels of experience have participated since 2007...and are on the way to a landmark one MILLION cards!”

So Would you like to make a difference and send  your personal thank you?! Here is what you can do. Go to OWH page and learn all you need to do to send a HERO a smile. You can make cards…write our hero letters….and so many other things! Please take a little moment and visit OWH.

I thank you for giving them a hand.

anaRy

1 comment:

Cathy Gill said...

Great tribute to the troops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...