1.5.11

On her day :: Wedding Project fit for a Queen!

Gilli BrideBouquet_HerDayTopper_F~

Hi icon ArcheoButerflies

ere comes the Bride all dressed in white…Well not always! I loooove looking through bridal magazines…the dresses are so pretty now a days. So many options aside the traditional crisp white. Although a classic is a classic, one has to remember…It is HER day after all and the dress needs to suit the bride’s personality in my mind : ).

Now before I go ahead with the itsy bitsy oTTCRD_DTBadge_webf my project I have news to celebrate and share with all!! Today I am officially joining the Though the Craft Door Room Magazine Design Team! A magazine created by the super talented ( and dear friends) Marti Wills and Suzanne J. Dean. YAY! I am sooo thrilled! I am in such great company! The girls are beyond talented and I believe we have a super close circle of readers that welcome any new crafter always with open arms!!! Join us for our very first TTCRD challenge..Psss…. the prize is awesome! Join in! The challenge is open for anyone that would like to get in! No need to subscribe!

Gilli BrideBouquet_HerDayTopper_FSince May is bridal month in so many places I decide to make a project inspired on this special day! Well, we just witnessed one of the weddings of the century this past weekend and OMG the bride was just glorious! DREAMY!There is something special about weddings and you don’t need to be a royalty…but for sure you must feel and look like one!

So for my Wedding project I created a little bridal  gift set (or could also be used  as a a Bride & Gilli BrideBouquet_HerDayTopperCU~Bride’s maid party feature), a decorated cupcake (with icing matching the lovely Champagne color of the bride’s dress) with  a cupcake topper indicating who is the special one! No doubt here, it is all about “Her day”! I used the just released Lil’  Bride and Bouquet from the BRAND NEW SERIES OF GILLI STAMPS….LIL’GILLI!!!! Yeah! They are small enough to give that special compliment to all your Gilli Projects!!! You have plenty of space to color too!!! THE real icing on the cake for your projects!

Gilli BrideBouquet_HerDayTopperCUTo make the cupcake topper base I used two  layers of  cut out from my Silhouette die cutter Library adding a little sparkly border. LIL’ GILLI Bride and Bouquet (Memento on Cryogen paper) was colored using copic markers. As  you can see I tried to give the dress a real texture feel and that sating look…using Smooch. Her veil was also colored with Copic and the crystal effect was created using Stikles. The tiny pearl earing was created using Viva Décor pearl pen! All the flowers you see in the picture are edible flowers made by hand by yours truly! I loveeee making them…such a therapy! LOL. Now to complete the gift set…just a little something special to make it all more sweet: ). 

I hope you all will be  joining us for the TTCRD Challenge! Remember we also have the House of Gilli Challenge going on! Lots and lots of Inspiration for you all!

Now if you all excuse me ….someone need to care of that cupcake..lol. After all I have reasons to celebrate!!!

See you all soon!!!

anaRy

Challenges

Inspire me Friday

Paper Cutz Challenge

Crafts 4 eternity

Moving Along with the times

Scrappekammeret

Simon says

Party Time Tuesday

Craft your passion

My mum’s craft shop

Sparkles Forum Challenge

Lady Bug Craft Sink

Scrap-on Creations

13 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, I love the wee Bride and mmm the cupcake looks scrumptious. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes Theme this week on MAWTT Hazelxoxo

pinky said...

Beautiful and such a great idea.Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
Pinky

pinky said...

Opps thanks for entering LCI this week too.
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous bride
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and LCI
Lisa x

Brenda Brown said...

An amazing project and fit for a queen as well as a bride.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sue said...

oh my this is fabulous, the topper and cakes are beautiful, especially loving those yummy flowers and cake:)

thank you for joining us at MMCS

sue
xx

Crafty Lynz said...

This is fab,

thanks for joining us at Sparkles Forum Challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs, Lynsey x

Patchi said...

Gorgeous gift set! Thanks for joining the Party this week and I hope to see more cards from you soon!

Patchi
PTT-DT

Pysselbus said...

Ohhh! I just love this! Such a sweet project that any bride would die for!! Thank's for joining us at Scrappekammeret and good luck!

Hugs
Linda

Sue U said...

How lovely, such a sweet gift for any bride or bridesmaid :-) Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this week, hope to see you again soon

Sue xx

Crafting Gill said...

What a fantastic idea its perfect thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
GIll xx

Faye said...

What a super project, it's lovely! Thanks for playing at MMCS. x

michele said...

Beautiful! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...