19.12.11

Winter Bride

Gilli Seating Bride_ Winter Wedding~

H icon winter

ello hello everyone. Everyone baking up a storm? Humm I can see beautiful tables everywhere! I might try this year once more to make some sufganiyot.Oh my I grow up eating those as treats every now and then ( We called them “Dreams” lol)…and has been a few years that I have not made them. It takes a village LOL. But the results are just heavenly!

For those not familiar with these little heavenly treat..preparing and eating them is part of Hanukah tradition. We will see lol…these little dream is heavy in calories lol…but hey it is a holiday lol.

Talking about special occasions and family…This month at the BookEndz book club ( By my Zebbie friend Suzanne Dean lol…oh Zeebie is her thing lol – just go check out her blog lol) we have not one but two books…The first one I shared with you was The invisible thread. The second (extra) one one is Christmas Wedding. Tell me about family issues…and gathering for a wedding lol. I won’t tell more or it will spoil. Holidays are very busy and can be a little stressful, now can you imagine having a wedding in the midst of all? Oh Gilli Seating Bride_ Winter Weddingwell lol.

Here is my little Winter wedding card. I used Gilli seating bride to make this card. I decided to go with a non traditional bridal color, a bit of a modern touch I guess. All coloring was done with copic markers. This image originally did  not have the veil but it was super easy to add one…just do the same thing you usually do when you color pleats : ) (check CMC class 5 and boost your pleat work!).

I added tiny white dots and made them sparkle with a touch of stickles. To create a satin texture on Gilli’s wedding gown I used Smooch.  All the cuts you see, lacy and swirls were made using silhouette studio, with exception of the snowflakes (it is a winter wedding after all lol). Snowflakes were made using Martha Stewart punch. All pieces were chalked to give a little dimension. Of course I added stickles to all my pieces.

Gilli Seating Bride_ Winter Wedding a

One of my papers is My Minds Eye and the other I am not sure since I found this piece of paper with my scraps ( got to figure out a way to name them).

I hope you will joy us over the BookEndz book/craft club. Remember that this month you projects will be entered to a nice prize! New cricut machine, kindle and much more!!! You can also get some extra entries by donating to a very nice cause…literacy!

Come and have fun with us at BookEndz and also at the Greeting Card Challenge over the Outlawz..you just need a little bling ; )

For now I wish you all happy holidays..with a wedding or not..still a very joyful occasion…where for better or worse…makes life more special!!!

Hugs!

anaRy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Gilli looks so pretty in her wedding dress! Love the added veil you made with the sparkly Stickles! I had to go see what Sufganiyot was!! It sorta looks like a filled doughnut...does it have the same consistency? Happy Hanukkah my friend and enjoy the season! Love and hugz!

Patricia St Martin said...

She is just adorable. All the sparkels and lace. I had to go see what your Sufganiyot was and like Colleen I would say they are just like a filled doughnut. You would not want to eat them very often, if you did you would blow up. I have been on this diet this year (you are the first person I have told) I have loss 57 pounds, I'm going to keep it off.. Happy Hanukkah my sweet friend.
Hugs, Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...