3.2.12

An old time love

Gilli Victorian_Jetaime ~

T icon winter

ime goes by so fast but love never gets old…

Sometimes when I get lucky to come across a nice antique store I always look around for old images. Victorian Valentines are among the cutest ones. I love the colors and swirls and frills of once upon a time. Although I don’t use much on my daily life. I keep the inspiration from old times near by.

Today I am sharing with you a project I made inspired by old times….and the papers. Oh my the papers…all from the Paper Gilli Victorian_JetaimeTemptress. Gilli Victorian was colored with my faithful copic markers. I am having so much fun experimenting with deep tones. I cannot wait to try more combos like that. I wanted colors that would give me a velvety and luxurious look. I am getting there…I think LOL. When I design Gilli, I always leave a lot of empty space on purpose so you can create patterns change the lines on her clothes and make your creations kick up a notch…your style. This time my idea was to create an illusion of a corset like top on Gilli. I also draw some tiny doodle flowers as embroidery on her puffy sleeves. After all we have to dress  you for a romantic date.

The papers I used are from Paper Temptress. Just take a look at the Peach velvet stripes. Yes the stripes on this paper feel like velvet..it is just so pGilli Victorian_Jetaime airetty. It is also a bit on the see though range (vellum), this can give you sooo much room for creativity. I dry embossed the paper with a cuttlebug folder. What is cool is that the loop cracked a bit exactly in a way that I could use as a “Frame hold” for Gilli. To enhance the swirls I added a super fine line of stickles over it.  Now I was veryEmbossing_PaperBagPTpaper very excited how beautiful my embossing came out on the Eggplant brown bag paper. This paper is two sided..one brown and the other is eggpplantish color (did I just write that?lol)…I just love it.. It is such a cleaver color. You guys have to visit the store and check the papers. Forget DP for a second check this papers out…it will sure make you cards super chic.

Thank you for coming by and sharing some crafting love!

See you soon with another project

huggies,

anaRy

 

This & That

Gilli Victorian rubber stamp, Copic markers, PaperTemptress papers, liquid pearls, stickles, Chalk Inks by colorbox, white pen, die cuts from Silhouette die cutter and Cuttlebug embossing folders.

3 comments:

Yone said...

Faz tempo que não te visito por aqui ! Está tudo muito lindo ! bjs

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Gorgeous card - all the elements are so lovely :)

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful and I really like the eggplant shade and the embossing folder. Pretty!

Hugs, Lori m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...