18.9.11

Glamour in B&W

Gilli Seating Bride_OldHollywoodB&W~
Hi icon ArcheoButerflies
ello everyone! Me again! I told ya we will be heating up things this week! Just check out the news about GILLI BDAY BASH at the end of this post! Did I hear fun and gift? LOL Read on!
So how are you all enjoying your weekend? I can for sure say I am doing one of my favorite things. Coloring! But coloring aside one of the things I love to to when I have the time, specially during cold weather months is to cozy up with a blankie and watch a nice old movie. I am not talking about 80’s stuff…I am talking about old Hollywood glam that is no longer in existence. Oh there is nothing like a fun Cary Grant movie…or a swing by Fred and Ginger!
My project for the CMC copic challenge was inspired by the Old Hollywood glamour. The classic movies that never goes out of style. Movies like “Now voyager” with Betty Davis (yes I named my cat after her lol), or “ Roman Holiday” with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck…how about “Flying Down to Rio” with Ginger and Fred? Oh, who doesn’t want to dance like that!? I don’t know, but there is something about a black and white movie that just ooze class, romance and just plain fun…even when the plot is shmaltzy lol. I am am old movie fan…and to be honest as they say…”if you never seen the movie..the movie is not old!”
Gilli Seating Bride_OldHollywoodB&W
My idea was to bring all the sophistication and the style of the actresses from once upon a time Hollywood.
I colored Gilli Seating bride with shade of gray (all Cs). Her tiara…of yeah on those days not only princesses used tiaras…I colored with copics and added a little stickles to add a little sparkle. I added a few black pearls to Gilli dress using a Pearl Pen from Viva décor. oh I also add a little touch of black diamond to Gilli pump’s. The very enigmatic eyes were created by using copic multiliners and adding a little shade of gray…just like real make up!
The ornate frame was created by using a Silhouette die cut piece and adding an embossed backing. I created that cushion texture by tracing lines with my score pal! I added tiny pearls to the cross points…Oh you cannot beGilli Seating Bride_OldHollywoodB&Wart classy without pearls…did you see Gilli’s sweet pearl ring? Delightful ha? LOL. I should mention that I covered the die cut with a coat of Black Diamond Stickles and a coat of Glossy effects. I did the same thing with the elegant candelabra. My papers are Authentique (yeap once again..I told you I love this co) and embossed paper using a Spellbinder impressabilities with touches of distress ink. The single and dramatic (oh yeah we have drama too lol) red rose was dyed using copic.
So how about you? Do you like old movies? How about taking up this B&W (or sepia) tones with one punch of color challenge? Come on over CMC copic challenge and join us. The DT has created some beautiful cards…come take a peak! I am sure you will bring a beautiful project! Sweet gift for the winner!
Huge hug!
anaRy

♥♥♥♥♥ News ♥♥♥♥♥
Gilli BDAY BASH will raise the heat this week!!!!!!!!!!!
BLOG Hop!!! We will be having a surprise for Gilli Groupies!!! Starting this Monday over the House of Gilli challenge Blog! Come on over! You can be a winner of a Cool Gift!
CHAT with us this September 20 at 7 pm (EST) to celebrate Gilli Birthday!!! Super cool treasure hunt with prizes all the way! Just pop over here! We will chatting all the way over the Color Me Creative Classroom main page! Drop by! This will be super fun!
♦ GLUE GLIDER DEAL OF THE WEEKEND...over Stamping Scrapping! Hurry!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...