8.3.12

The magic of spring

RainbowButteflies~

D icon winter

reaming of spring! Well, the colors actually started to pop up. I have seen some crocus and even some daring daffodils showing up! Spring here it comes, or so it seems like. LOL. I love winter but the layers get me a little bit hehe. I just cannot wait to see my beloved tulips and some neat butterflies.

Since I am longing for my favorite spring things I decide to bring them all together in one project. Butterflies, flowers and colors! I prepared this project for The paper Temptress Community Blog. The community blog is a must stop. So many cute projects from all kinds of genres.

It’s no secret my ,eh eh, admiration (more like a craze) for papers. RainbowButtefliesSo I picked two super nice papers from The Paper Temptress to create my project.

Vellum Mother of pearl and Lustre Paper (Laser Silver Lustre) . I just loved how I was able to emboss the vellum. The pearlescent effect that this paper have is just delightful and gives a cool touch on the project. Since the vellum is a bit on the translucent side I though it would be interesting to continue with the theme and add the lustre paper. The stripes are very elegant and gave me the opportunity to “frame” the embossed part of the project.

The rainbow line of butterflies was created by using cuts of Martha Stewart punches colored with copics. I wanted the RainbowButteflies abutterflies to have a 3 d effect on this card as they were flying over the flower field. So I added glossy accents (helped with giving shape) and a touch of stickles….well butterflies are magic in my perspective..at least on this project. Lol. I just luv the effect. The lace bottom border is a Martha wide punch with a coat of glamour dust ( yeah yeah I like sparkle lol). My final touch was add a sentiment (I made a vellum tag) over a pretty sheer ribbon (also from Paper Temptress).

I hope you enjoyed this little project Smile. My goal always is bring a little something to make my friends smile.

See you soon with a new Project!

Huggies,

anaRy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...